Or write a book, paint a picture or build a house.
A website can take a week, a month, or many more months. Here are some general points:
- Completion from the time of your enquiry, depends on how many other websites I am working on at the time, generally around four to six and some graphic design projects as well
- From start time (deposit payment), if you had content and graphics ready to go and good communication, a site can launch within 1-2 weeks
- Redesigns can also be quick, unless major content changes or new graphics are required
- New Layout and Designs tend to take the longest. Once completed, content can be added page by page fairly easily, so if you have your design, colour, style worked out we can start before you have any content written
- Please see more details Information and Terms for New Clients HERE
I am an intuitive designer, which means I engage my feelings as well as my intellect when designing. Without getting ’out there’, the process of intuitive web design differs from other web designers who work by project, rather than with the client long term. I develop a professional, dedicated relationship with my client which allows us to work easily together for as long as they require.
Most web designers these days use templates and CMS (Content Management Systems) as the framwork for a website page. They open a template, drag and drop the content you want on that page, and save. I build each page as a separate piece of the whole puzzle, thinking and feeling the whole time. I choose my placement of content and images carefully, I choose the colour and design carefully, and I look at the page when I am done to check how it might look to a visitor, not just you (the business owner), or me (the web designer).
Guidance, inspiration, energy and connection all play a vital role at every stage. Allowing the information to flow from you to me, and me to you, can sometimes result in things taking longer than planned. However the end result is a website that is vibrant and colourful, as well as informative and professional.
Sometimes clients (and I) get stuck and need time to unearth what is trying to come forth. Whilst I am waiting, I work on something else. Sometimes everyone has a breakthrough at the same time, and my list of work gets a little long for a time. Occasionally there is an emergency and I may drop everything for a ’rescue’. These challenges are best met with the understanding this work is not a 9-5, switch-on / switch off job. I invest myself personally into my ’work’, as do you, and I believe things are always completed in their own, perfect time.
The content on this website is only intended to provide a summary and general overview on matters of interest. It is not intended to be comprehensive nor does it constitute legal advice. We attempt to ensure that the content is current but we do not guarantee it’s currency. You should seek legal or other professional advice before acting or relying on any of the Content.